Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Where are they now?: David Banks



"Holy crap, its David Fucking Banks."
                                        -The soon to be dead, Picasso



I've only ever seen Mr. Banks in passing but I'll never forget what he told me the one time he actually talked to me.

"Move."

I thought I might shit myself. He wasn't in a good mood...

Perhaps its far to soon to be giving Mr. Banks his own hour long late night special questioning what happened and where he went. In fact, I know it is. I know it is because I both know what happened to him and where he is.

He had Ronan ripped away from him, he allowed traitors to survive a visit with him, and then he abandoned his organization and went rogue. And as for where he is... well I think I'll keep that one in my pocket for now, not that I expect that one will last regardless of how I handle it. Nature of the game.

Now before I proceed I would like to point out that I both fear and respect Mr. Banks. I do believe in most cases that one feeds into the existence of the other. And as such, when I approached Mr. Banks I did not simply run up to him to ask him where he's been. No. I handled the situation in the same manner that Father handles anything he can't do himself for one reason or another, by Proxy.

I sent Sloth.

Lets find out if he died.


[As detailed by prying eyes, of course. Sloth couldn't tell a story to save his life. Lazy sack of shit.]

Its late. Dark out. David is alone, smoking in an alleyway.

From the mouth of the Alleyway, a homeless looking man in heavily ripped clothes makes a slow approach.

[Sloth]
"H-Hello... th-this is gonna sound cliche but... tha-tha-...tha-that's gonna kill you...""

[David]
David laughs and turns to face the approaching stranger.

"It's the only thing that will, so what can I do for you?"

[Sloth]
"I've come representing Fracture. He heard you had become unassociated and it... caught his interest."

[David]
"Well then tell Fracture to come and talk to me himself."

[Sloth]
At this point Sloth has made it over to where David is in the Alleyway and is nervously fidgeting across from David.

"H-He's a busy man. Y-Y-You should be honored that he sent me... it means he's afraid of you."

[David]
David stops mid puff to laugh.

"Everyone's afraid of me."

[Sloth]
"They say fear is a form of respect."

[David]
David just shrugs to Sloth's weak justifying. He's growing bored of their little conversation and does not care to hear my second hand excuses haplessly spewed out by a lowly lackey.

[Sloth]
"I have to say I am a little curious myself, why are you doing this?" asks Sloth, quickly changing the subject to inquire about why David has gone rogue before David loses his patience with Sloth further.

"What exactly are you looking to accomplish here?"

[David]
"I do it for reasons that are mine and mine alone. And if you think that lackeys are going to even sway me remotely you are seriously mistaken. Obviously you don't care enough to send anyone with real power," hissed David.

[Sloth]
"M-My... tha-that turned sour fast."

[David]
"I don't like being mocked."

[Sloth]
"I-I'm a-assured... i-its no disrespect o-on your be-behalf..."

[David]
"And yet I feel disrespected. Perhaps I should send a dead body back as my response."

[Sloth]
"C-Come now... th-there is no need for that... I-I assure you I-I'm simply the man who th-they always send for th-this. N-N-No di-disrespect... wouldn't dr-dream of it"

[David]
"You have five minutes."

[Sloth]
At this point it is obvious Sloth has both soiled and wet himself and is doing a poor job of hiding it.

"I-I understand you d-don't w-want to play the vi-villain anymore... w-we won't ma-ma-make you. We're h-happy to br-bring you o-on board in whatever ca-capacity you're comfortable with. Fr-From m-murder to advising or c-consulting. We'd h-hate to see y-you thr-throw so many y-years of loyal s-service away. W-We'll even ex-extend our pro-protection and board to a f-f-few people i-if that is n-n-necessary."

[David]
"I've heard this deal before. Not interested."

[Sloth]
"Wh-What might you be in-interested in?"

[David]
"Freedom."

[Sloth]
"Fr-Freedom?"

[David]
David nods, laughing to himself quietly.

"In other words, something you can't give me."

[Sloth]
Sloth fidgets nervously before he draws out a small silver pocket watch from within his own sleeve in a desperate shuffle of concern that his five minutes might already be up.

"I-I will ummm... p-pass that along and I'm s-sure Fracture will take th-that into c-consideration..."

[David]
"Three more minutes. Anything to add?"

[Sloth]
At this point Sloth starts shuffling through the sleeves, pockets, rips, and holes of his homely looking jacket until he finally produces a little business card.

"W-We are sorry we couldn't c-come to an agreement and w-would like to express gr-great displeasure in that we may v-very well have to began h-h-hunting you but we do h-hope that you will change your m-mind and j-join us soon..."

And having poorly read out his well practiced lines, Sloth threw out his hand to offer the card over to David.

[David]
David stares at Sloth for a moment mildly amused before he finally reaches out and takes the little card.

"Oh don't give me that. You couldn't convince an otter. But I'm ready for it. I look forward to the hunt."

[Sloth]
"W-We uh... we're sure you are.

[David]
David can't help but grin to himself as he taps side of his cigarette to make the ash fall.

[Sloth]
"Th-thank you f-for not st-stabbing me..."

And with that Sloth gives David what I must assume was meant to be a humble and respectful little bow before he turns and starts power walking down the alleyway desperate to be out of that situation. 

[David]
"If Fracture ever wants to talk to me himself, he knows where I am."

[Sloth]
"I-I'm sure he does..."

And then Sloth turns and gives another one of his awkward little bows before he finally disappears from my, and I'm assuming David's, view.

[David]
David looks up at the sky for a moment before quietly chuckling and then with one last quick drag he finishes what little is left of his cigarette before making his own departure from the alleyway.


Apparently Sloth lived. Is anyone else here disappointed?

I know I am and I knew it was gonna happen.

Pity.

I guess a hapless lackey just isn't gonna work this time... or probably any time. Not that I wouldn't keep sending Sloth first. I can personally assure you all that he deserves nothing less and plenty more.

Next time on 'Where are they now?', David Banks part 2... the Banksening!

Because the sequel is typically the best part.

Fracture out.

1 comment: