Sunday, January 11, 2015

Fucking Cowardly Deserters

So, I don't think I mentioned this before in light of how I thought the fire bitch wouldn't be so fucking dumb as to actually follow through with the mutiny, but a lot of our people left with her. Devil mentioned that. I was pretty fucking mad to discover this, because a good portion of the ones that left were my people.

Granted, they haven't been mine for very long, and Masks are about as hard to bond with as you might expect they would be, but I was pretty sure that at least the majority of them had really started to respect me. I guess some of them do, there are still some left. But some of the ones I thought I could trust are gone, and that's really fucking annoying. Especially since at least some of those fuckers are the same assholes who threw fits when Moth decided to break his vows. But breaking their own vows to go hang out with a defecting cult, that's apparently juuuust fucking fine. Hypocrites.

The fire cultists that stayed... well, they're an interesting lot. Not really my area, none of them have any particular interest in becoming a Mask as far as I know. But it's nice to know that not all fire cultists are two faced backstabbing idiots, at least. And honestly, we'd be pretty understaffed without them.

As for Mumbles, who Devil mentioned, she is actually getting a promotion in duties as well as in title. There's a lot of higher level duties she can't do by virtue of not being able to talk because of his vows. But I have made her my lieutenant, more or less. Not talking is actually helpful when dealing with Masks, and I've given her the task of matching Masks to tasks and helping settle any issues among them, that sort of thing. I like her, she's proven trustworthy on multiple occasions now, and I feel like I should encourage that. The only problem there is that I'm not entirely sure she wanted the promotion. I'm hoping if she doesn't, she'll find a way to let me know she wants to go back to the way things were before.

No comments:

Post a Comment